A2Z Cafe

A2Z Cafe
My friend Marty Barnes, an attorney a hallway over from my office, introduced me to the A2Z Cafe a little while ago. I was whining about all the chains around our office and how I was jonesing for something new.

Located in a little strip mall on 96th Street and Gray Road, I knew exactly what he was talking about.  It didn't look like much, and I had never even thought about going there.  Marty--a food enthusiast with great taste in lunch fare-- told me that I would enjoy it. 

Penne Gorgonzola
It doesn't look like much from the outside (they don't have much to work with), but it is surprisingly adorable inside. It has a Mediterranean ambiance (am I really in a strip mall?), and there is bright local art for purchase covering the walls.  The owner, Ash, is a very friendly man of Egyptian descent. After a brief conversation, I find out that he is the cousin of the owner of Canal Bistro in Broad Ripple (George).

 The menu is surprisingly large (breakfast, lunch, dinner),  fairly priced and Italian inspired. Ash gives us his recommendations.  The food is served promptly.  I choose the Vegetarian Panini (portobella mushrooms, spinach, tomato and fresh mozzerella with balsamic vinegar), which comes with a sup of tomato soup. It all tastes great and the portions are perfect for lunch.  Brent ordered the Penne Gorgonzola, with chicken and bacon in a Gorgonzola cream sauce.  His lunch came with a large side salad and garlic bread.  Marty had a BLT with a cup of tomato soup. Everyone was exceptionally happy with their meal (I tried the Penne, and it was fantastic).


Vegetarian Panini



local art adorns the walls at A2Z Cafe
I give A2Z Cafe 4/5 for great ambiance, fair prices, and consistently tasty food.  I went back again recently, and not only did Ash remember exactly what I ordered, he recommended something else that he thought I would enjoy based on my remarks the first time around.  The service at A2Z is fantastic and friendly (and quick if you need it to be). While they are only open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays, I think it will be a regular lunch from now on.  Cheers!