My Office Pantry



It will come as no surprise to those who know me that the largest drawer in my office is not used for files or large office supplies.  Naturally, it is my pantry.   As much as I love my job, my pantry is my sanctuary when I'm stuck performing occasional less-than-stimulating duties.

What is in my pantry?  Well, most of what I buy comes from Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, and Costco.  I should mention that I incorporate as many fresh fruits and veggies as possible (especially when the farmer's market is in full swing), but this post is all about shelf-stable staples.

My pantry is organized by taste cravings:

SALTY
*Laughing Cow light swiss cheese spread triangles (It says to refrigerate this, but I have never felt the need. They are identical in flavor and freshness left unrefrigerated.)
*Kashi TLC original 7 grain crackers
*Stacy's Parmesan + Herb Pita Chips
*Terra Root Vegetable Chips (try the Mediterranean flavor)
*Microwave popcorn (You never know when you may have guests, after all).
*Raw almonds (Trader Joe's has pre-packaged serving sizes)
*Wasabi edamame
*Salted Sunflower kernels
*Peppered and Teriyaki Oh Boy! Oberto Beef and Turkey Jerky
*Mary's Gone Crackers Gluten Free Crisps (from Fresh Market)
 
SWEET
*Justin's Natural Maple Almond Butter
*Trader Joe's Dried Nectarines
*Trader Joe's Dried Tart Montmorency Cherries
*Peanut butter (call me crazy but I love Peter Pan brand)
*Honey (for peanut butter and TLC crackers)

SALTY+SWEET
*Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Peanut Bars
*Trader Joe's individual trail mix portions (the Simply Raw is my favorite)
*white chocolate covered pretzels

BREAKFAST
*Pretzel Croissants (from Trader Joe's)
*Better Oats Maple Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal with Flax
*Trader Joe's Heart Healthy Whole Grain Oatmeal in Blueberry
*Agave Nectar (great to add to the Blueberry oatmeal)

DESSERT
*York Peppermint Patties (kill two birds with one stone-fresh breath + sugar jolt)
*70% cocoa dark chocolate bars
*Fig Newtons (the original only, not low-fat or store brand)

DESPERATE LUNCH/DINNER
*Progresso Chicken Soup with White and Wild Rice (it can pinch-hit as a meal)

IMPROMPTU CELEBRATION 
(you never know when you may get a surprise bonus, land a huge account, exceed your goals, or get a promotion... best to be prepared!)
*St. Germain (great on ice or splashed in prosecco)
*Prosecco (an hour in the freezer and you are good to go)
*a great bottle of red (mine is Terra Valentine Cabernet Sauvignon Spring Mountain 2005)

If you have an suggested additions to this pantry, I would love to hear them.  Cheers!