Three Wise Men (beer only)

There is a new brewery in Broad Ripple, and it is not playing around.  Three Wise Men brewery--the latest brain-child of Scott Wise-- is a departure in many ways.  It has a hunting-cabin meets warehouse vibe, and I mean that in only the best way.  Lots (lots!) of unfinished pine and maple meets antler coat hooks, modern lighting, black accents and stainless fixtures. The staff is uncommonly friendly and welcoming (and very young!).  We sit at the bar, where in only the few months since opening a band of all-too-comfortable regulars hold the fort.

The beer is awesome.  I've tasted most if it.  The Golden Zoe IPA is super hoppy, the Double IPA is a little bit smoother.  The Naptown Brown is nutty and rich with just the right amount of barley.  And then there's the Two Lucys:  probably one of my all-time top 5 beers. That's right- ranking right up there with Guinness, High Life, Newcastle, and Hoegaarten (I have an eclectic beer palette, what can I say? Jeff is the true connisseur- I just know what I like). It's a 4.5-6.0% alcohol blackberry wheat that is NOT just for the fruity beer crowd.  Trust me--the entire male contingent of my flag football team is obsessed to the point of near-concern.  It is very mild on the fruit (even though it looks like they pureed blackberries right in the glass) and pretty darn high in alcohol for anything trying to pose as a wheat beer.

On this review, I'm not going to get into the food.  There is so much to love that the food needs it's own dedicated post.  But trust me when I tell you that the beer is absolutely worth the trip.  Though they are nice about letting you taste, there are samplers available so you can figure out which beer fits your fancy before you commit to a pint (or 3).  They also have some pretty great specials ($2.50 pints of Wednesdays and $6 growler fills Monday-Thursday) that make drinking their brew one of the best deals in town.  I'm anxious to hear what you all think, so let me know!  I give the beer 5/5 (food to be reviewed later).