Northside Kitchenette

Northside Kitchenette
Northside Kitchenette is the kid sister to next door's Northside Social.  While Northside Social serves only dinner, Kitchenette serves only breakfast and lunch.  I've been a fan of Northside Social for awhile now (though it hasn't been as consistent as I had hoped), and I've been dying to try Kitchenette.

Brandon, a colleague of mine from the Greater Indianapolis Chamer of Commerce ChamberAction Committee, invited me to lunch to talk shop, and I was delighted when he suggested it.  Walking in was a pleasant surprise.  Kitchenette is light-filled and airy, with a decidedly chic city feel.  It is definitely the daytime counterpart to hip, urban Northside Social.

As I wait for Brandon, I order a house brewed citrus green tea (they have 2 daily brews).  It is spiced and lovely. I am so appreciative of places who offer an iced tea selection, especially in the summer.

Northside Kitchenette
Summer Veg
The menu is chock full of interesting sandwiches and salads.  In fact, Brandon and I have a hard time choosing.  I decide on AK's Grilled Cheese, which sounds like perfection: baby spinach, balsamic marinated grilled portobella mushrooms with melted brie and fresh mozzerella on whole grain bread.  Brandon gets the Summer Veg: avocado, cucmber, hummus, field greens, sprouts and tomato on whole grain.  The sandwiches are served with house made potato chips, but an upgrade of hand-cut fries or fruit is available.  We both opt for chips.

AK's Grilled Cheese
The sandwiches arrive and look beautiful.  Before I take a bite, Brandon decides he is ordering mine next time (it looks that good). Both sandwiches are delicious.  I do wish mine had been on different bread, as the texture of the whole grain didn't quite jive with the delicacy of the brie and mozzerella. 

Service is prompt and friendly. The prices are incredibly reasonable (I think our lunch was about $23 with tax and tip). Northside Kitchenette gets 4/5, and I can't wait to go back.  Cheers!